Like most other accessories, it is not always easy to know which silver jewellery to choose. If you want to give a silver bracelet or ring as a gift, here are some tips on how to choose the right gift. If you are unsure which earrings or bracelet to wear with your outfit, you will also find useful information on this page.
Criteria to take into account
To choose a piece of jewellery, whether silver or gold, there are a number of criteria you can take into account:
The size of the jewel: chain length, bracelet circumference, finger size for a ring… Silver necklaces, rings and bracelets should not be chosen too small or too large. If you can’t try on the jewellery before buying it, take your own measurements, with a tape measure for example.
The price of the jewellery: your budget may be one of the criteria you need to take into account, whether it is for yourself or for a gift. This will also help you to choose from different pieces that you like.
The style: discreet or exuberant, simple or with stones, design or classic, graphic or stylish… opt for a silver jewel that you can wear easily with most of your outfits.
The colour: silver can be more or less dark grey and smooth. When it is rhodium-plated, it shines much, much brighter than “natural” silver. It’s up to you to see what you prefer.
The quality of silver
When choosing your silver jewellery, also check the quality of the metal. At the jewellery store, you will be given a certificate of authenticity on which the silver content of your jewellery is indicated. In fact, it will never be made of solid silver, but of an alloy of different metals, which is essential for it to be hard and resistant. The same applies to gold. Most often, quality jewellery is made of 925 silver, also known as 22-carat sterling silver. When the jewellery is large enough, it is engraved with the number 925 or even a hallmark.
Timeless silver jewellery
Here are some of the timeless silver jewellery. With these pieces, you are sure to make the right choice, whether it is for yourself or for a gift, to a man or a woman :
- The silver chain: With an average length of 45 cm, the silver chain is ideal for both men and women. It can be worn alone or with a pendant, also in silver, or a fine or precious stone.
- The silver bracelet bracelet: this is the ideal bracelet for men and children. Discreet and personalised with its plate that can be engraved, this bracelet comes in a multitude of styles thanks to a wide choice of mesh.
- Thin silver rings: the silver rings are always easy to wear and to choose. Just select the right size. And they go well with many other jewels, in silver and gold.
- The silver signet ring: a ring often worn by men, but also by women.
- The silver ear chips: sober and discreet, with these earrings you are sure to make the right choice.
- The silver creoles: they are still as fashionable as ever, just like the hanging earrings. Choose small hoop earrings for discretion or XXL jewellery for a trendy style.